Does it really matter which calcium supplement you take? They’re all the same, right? Well, it turns out that calcium supplements have been linked to increased risks of heart attacks and kidney stones.
Watch the video below to find out which forms of calcium are better, and which ingredients can help.
Here’s What It Takes To Get Calcium From The Bottle To Your Bones (Without Clogging Your Arteries Along The Way)
1. A safer, better absorbed form of calcium. Most major supplement companies use either dangerous carbonate or citrate forms of calcium. Despite the fact that every single study showing an increased heart risk was conducted using these forms of calcium. Yet by going one step further and adding a simple chemical compound to calcium citrate (malic acid), the resulting Calcium Citramate becomes 30% more absorbable than citrate alone.
2. Vitamin D3. Calcium has no chance of absorption without the presence of this vitamin in significant amounts. Never settle for less than 600 IU in a serving and absolutely never accept the lesser form known as D2. (If the bottle doesn’t say, it’s probably D2 – which is much cheaper.)
3. Magnesium in the correct ratio. Magnesium is critical to over 200 bodily functions, including many involving bone metabolism. Some researchers think it may be even more important to bone health than calcium. Unfortunately, it will compete with calcium for absorption unless taken in the correct ratio. Make sure you have 2 parts calcium to 1 part magnesium in any supplement you take.
4. Vitamin C. The presence of Vitamin C significantly increases the amount of calcium absorbed by your body. It’s also been shown to reduce the rate of bone loss and help maintain healthy bone mass.
5. Vitamin K. No other vitamin is more crucial to bone metabolism than Vitamin K. It’s the substance your body uses to grab calcium and move it to your bones where it’s needed. In fact it’s so effective that it has even been shown to reduce existing buildup of calcium from arteries by as much as 37% in six weeks. Pretty good news if you’ve been taking a major calcium supplement up till now.
6. Lysine. Another problem with unabsorbed calcium is kidney stones. Lysine has been found to increase the amount and speed of calcium absorption, reduce the amount excreted in urine, and stimulate cells responsible for bone formation.
The Rag-Tag Research Geek Recommendation:
Calciology™ is the only calcium supplement to combine the safest, most bioavailable form of calcium with all the ingredients needed for maximum absorption. Formulated for bone health, it’s potential for cardiovascular health was discovered later. The ingredients combine in a synergistic formula that can benefit everything from metabolic health to cardiovascular strength to PMS relief and more.