In the 12th Century BC, ancient Far East warriors turned their horses out to die after a battle. They were shocked when the horses came back days later rejeuvenated with shining coats. The miracle was traced to the sea buckthorn plant.
From then on it was known as “Life Oil.” And today, modern science continues to confirm what the ancients knew about this incredible plant.
- It contains over 190 different nutrients, including every vitamin known to man
- Its one of the only natural sources for the rare Omega-7 fatty acid, which has been found to aid weight loss, help prevent type 2 diabetes, and improve the look and feel of skin
- It’s impact on skin health has led it to be used as an effective treatment for burns and dermititis, and it’s anti-aging power will transform your skin
Sea buckthorn has been found to lower blood pressure in rats, and to prevent blood pressure from rising during exercise in hypertensive humans. The seed oil has been found to have vasorelaxant properties (to relax blood vessels thereby lowering blood pressure).
Rats with hypertension fed Omega-7 had a significantly improved survival rate.
In addition, Sea Buckthorn has been used for centures in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat a multitude of disorders, including cardiovascular disease.
Weight Loss Benefits
- Contains the rare Omega-7 fatty acid. This healthy fat has been shown in studies to act as a hormone, signaling muscle cells to react better to insulin. It seems also to inhibit the ability of fat cells to store fat.
- Mice fed the same high fat diet had significantly lower body weights if also given sea buckthorn in studies
- Women who took sea buckthorn for 30 days saw a “statistically significant” reduction in waist circumference with no other changes to diet and exercise
Omega-7 is a component of our skin. Sea buckthorn can nourish the skinwhen taken orally.
In one clinical trial, supplementing with it was shown to significantly increase something called glycerophospholipids in skin. (Which is a geeky way of saying it made skin more supple – which means less sagging and fewer wrinkles.) In others, it has been shown to regenerate tissue, healing burns and other wounds.
Rag-Tag Research Geek Recommendation
Life Oil™ contains 100% organic berry and seed oils, sourced straight from the Himalayas. Unlike many other brands, it contains a full 30-day supply at 2,000 MG per day.