In the 12th Century BC, the ancient Greeks in Eastern Turkey turned their horses out to die after a battle. They were shocked when the horses came back days later rejeuvenated with shining coats. The miracle was traced to the sea buckthorn plant.
From then on it was known as “Life Oil.” And today, modern science continues to confirm what the ancients knew about this incredible plant.
- Its one of the only natural sources for the rare Omega-7 fatty acid, which has been found to aid weight loss, help prevent type 2 diabetes, and improve the look and feel of skin1
- It’s impact on skin health has led it to be used as an effective treatment for burns and dermititis, and it’s anti-aging power will transform your skin2
- It contains over 190 different nutrients, including every vitamin known to man3
- Besides this, it’s been shown to enhance immunity, lower cholesterol and boost heart and vascular health, plus much more..4
That’s the good news. Here’s the bad:
Most Sea Buckthorn Products
Don’t Work Because…
They Have Very Little Sea Buckthorn In Them
…Real Sea Buckthorn is an expensive ingredient
that has to be imported from Chinese Tibet
They have all sorts of fancy names for it like a proprietary blend — in which case they won’t even tell you how much Sea Buckthorn is in it. And legally they can still advertise 500mg or 1000mg because that’s the size of the whole pill with all the other cheap ingredients mixed in.
So … How can you be sure the Sea Buckthorn you are taking is worth your time and money?
3 Things To Look For When Buying Sea Buckthorn
1. You want both berry and seed oil. The exciting research on this plant has found incredible benefits from both the seeds and the berries. But some things the seeds have been found to do, the berries haven’t – and vice versa.
2. You want 1000MG of pure Sea Buckthorn per serving. 5 If the label doesn’t say how much actual sea buckthorn is in the product it’s a sure bet there’s barely a trace amount there. If a company doesn’t even show the label on the website – run the other way.
3. You want a 30 day supply. We have yet to see a study that showed results in less than 30 days. You want to take 1,000 MG twice a day. Most manufacturers will break 1,000 MG into two 500MG softgels so that it’s easier to swallow. This means anything less than 120 softgels is NOT a full 30 day supply.
3 Things To Stay Away From
When Buying Sea Buckthorn
1. Stay away from juices and blends. Juices have very little actual Sea Buckthorn in them. And any product claiming a “proprietary blend” is masking the fact that it, too, has very little to offer. Check the label for “other ingredients” and if you find any, this is not the product you want.
2. Products that sell only seed oil or only berry oil. As we said above, the science shows incredible benefits from each – and both have properties the other doesn’t. To get the full benefit of Sea Buckthorn, get oil from both the seeds and berries.
3. Stay away from companies that manipulate the dosage to make it seem like you have more than you do. Some big name companies will sell 120 capsules, but only include 250 MG of Sea Buckthorn in each. Unfortunately, you really have to pay attention.
Are There Any Side Effects
Sea buckthorn has had very few side effects reported. People with high blood pressure who were consuming sea buckthorn reported headaches, dizziness, and palpitations. Sea buckthorn can act as a blood thinner which may cause bleeding. It may also cause low blood suger in people with diabetes who take medication to lower blood sugar. Avoid using if pregnant or breastfeeding. There isn’t enough research to prove its safety.
Always check with your doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement.
Each serving of Life Oil™ is 1,000 MG of pure, organic Sea Buckthorn berry and seed oils straight from the Himalayas.
Unlike many other brands, it contains a full 30-day supply at 2,000 MG per day.
Has This Information Helped You?
Before we tell you a few places where you can get Life Oil™, we’d just like to say that if this information has been helpful to you, you can get a lot more by becoming a member. In addition to cool benefits, membership helps make sure this site stays up and running to help as many people as possible.
So as we said we wholeheartedly recommend you choose Life Oil™. But since we don’t sell anything on this site, the question is…
??? Where To Get It ???
More and more retailers carry Life Oil™ every day. You can find several of them by searching Google, and we’ve listed a few of our favorites below.
1. StillSmilin.com — relative newcomer, they are attracting customers with very low trial prices and automatic monthly shipments. This is a perfect service for people serious about staying healthy, long term, and that’s exactly what we are all about, so we wholeheartedly support what they are building!
Get Life Oil™ from StillSmilin.com
2. Amazon.com — perhaps the largest retailer online. Is there anything they don’t sell?
Get Life Oil™ from Amazon.com
3. aProvenProduct — Sells all the products we recommend and has the best customer service anywhere.
Get Life Oil™ from aProvenProduct.com
1Ethnopharmacol. 2011 Nov 18;138(2):268-78. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2011.09.024. Epub 2011 Sep 22. Medicinal and therapeutic potential of Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.). Suryakumar G, Gupta A. Source Department of Biochemistry, Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi 110 054, India. 2 J Med Food. 2005 Winter;8(4):518-22. Elemental and nutritional analysis of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides ssp. turkestanica) Berries of Pakistani origin. Sabir SM, Maqsood H, Hayat I, Khan MQ, Khaliq A. Source University College of Agriculture, Rawalakot, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. 3 Mol Cell Biochem. 2006 Oct;290(1-2):193-8. Epub 2006 Apr 22. Influence of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) flavone on dermal wound healing in rats. Gupta A, Kumar R, Pal K, Singh V, Banerjee PK, Sawhney RC. Source Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi 110054, India 4Phytomedicine. 2007 Nov;14(11):770-7. Epub 2007 May 11. Anti-atherogenic effects of seabuckthorn (Hippophaea rhamnoides) seed oil. Basu M, Prasad R, Jayamurthy P, Pal K, Arumughan C, Sawhney RC. Source Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi 110054, India. 5 Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Mar;65(3):394-401. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2010.268. Epub 2011 Jan 12. Different berries and berry fractions have various but slightly positive effects on the associated variables of metabolic diseases on overweight and obese women. Lehtonen HM, Suomela JP, Tahvonen R, Yang B, Venojärvi M, Viikari J, Kallio H. Source Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland